Tiefel’s hat trick elevates bears to victory over Anderson
Anderson, South Carolina– that of Noé Tiefel Career first hat trick saw the Bears win 4-1 over Anderson (SC) on Saturday night. Tiefel scored less than 90 seconds into the game to help the Bears start quickly and pass the Trojans to claim their first SAC victory of the season.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Lenoir-Rhyne 4, Anderson (SC) 1
Recordings: Lenoir-Rhyne (3-2-0, 1-1-0 SAC), Anderson (3-2-1, 0-2-1 SAC)
Site: Troy I Anderson Stadium, South Carolina
- The bears pounced on the Trojans with a goal less than 90 seconds into the game with Tiefel’s first goal of the night assisted by Harri rowe.
- LR then added his second and third goals in 2:09 later in the half. Tiefel’s second goal was followed by Carles Montoliu Lobo’s second goal of the season to give the Bears a 3-0 lead.
- Tiefel then completed the hat trick with an unassisted goal in the 78th minute.
- Anderson spoiled the shutout with his lone 79th-minute goal.
- The Bears scored four goals on seven total shots that night.
- The Trojans held an 8-3 advantage on corner kicks tonight.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Both teams entered the top five in today’s SAC competition for shots per game. Anderson was averaging 13.2 while the Bears were right behind them with 13.0 shots per game, but the teams combined just 17 shots tonight.
- It was the first time that these programs played a game in September in ten years.
- Benjamin gnieser began his 30th career game with the Bears tonight.
- The Bears’ final hat trick was on March 11, 2021 by Andres Ruiz.
- Cascon’s decisive pass tonight places him tied for 9th in program history with twelve.
- Cascon joins Cory Morgan and Richard Vandy as the only Bears in program history to make the top ten for goals and assists.
FOLLOWING: The Bears will conclude their three-game road streak with a SAC clash at # 4 Coker on Wednesday night at 7:30 p.m.