Oregon State University Athletics
FOLLOW: Friday’s game will be available live on OSUBeavers.com. Live match stats will be available on OSUBeavers.com, and all matches can be followed on Twitter @BeaverMSoccer.
NEXT: The Beavers will hit the road for the first time this season next week when they travel to UC Santa Barbara. OSU will return home on September 15 against Seattle U.
– The Beavers are coming off the best season in program history, as they went 14-2-4, won the Pac-12 and entered the NCAA Tournament as the No. series #1 overall.
– Oregon State made the last eight of the NCAA Tournament last season, its deepest run in program history
– The Beavers have made the NCAA Tournament six times in program history, with three of those appearances coming Terry Boss‘ four years as head coach
– Boss has the best winning percentage of any coach in program history at .660
– Oregon State posted six clean sheets last season, a program record
– Beavers welcome 19 newcomers to this year’s team
– Oregon State has representatives from 10 different countries on its roster: United States, Spain, France, Argentina, Chile, Ethiopia, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg and Senegal
– The Castors welcome three new assistant coaches this season in Abel Waswa, Sergi Nudes and Alex Rangel
– Joran Gerbet, Gael Gibert and Adrian Molina Diaz are all returning to the Oregon State team after earning All-Pac-12 recognition last season.
– Molina-Diaz scored six goals and had three assists last season, despite only playing 12 games due to injury
– Mouhameth Thiam led the Beavers with five game-winning goals last season, despite starting just nine of Oregon State’s 20 games
– Beavers are 32-6-7 at home during Boss’ tenure
– Oregon State is undefeated in its last 11 home games
– OSU hasn’t lost in its last six Pac-12 home games
– Joran Gerbet earned Pac-12 Freshman of the Year honors last season, joining Joe Zaher, Robbie Findley, Danny Mwanga, Timmy Mueller and Sofiane Djeffal as Beavers to earn the honor (Findley, Mwanga, Mueller and Djeffal were all selected in the MLS draft following their careers with the Beavers)
– Nicklas Lund led all Oregon State outfielders with 1,870 minutes played last season, starting all 20 games on the OSU backline.
– Gael Gibert, Javier Armas and Lund are the only three Beavers to play every minute in the first two games.
– The Beavers have taken 17 corner kicks this season, compared to six for their opponents.
The encounter :
– Friday will mark Oregon State’s first-ever game with Seton Hall.
– The Beavers faced a Big East opponent last season, St. John’s in the NCAA Tournament. Oregon State won that game 2-0, with Javier Armas and Mouhameth Thiam score the goals.