Manchester United agree deal for Antony from Ajax

The summer transfer window is rushing towards the September 1 deadline, and there’s a lot of gossip swirling about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumors, whereabouts and, of course, deals!

TOP STORY: Man Utd, Ajax close to Antony deal

Manchester United are closing in on signing one of their main targets this summer, with the Premier League club closing in on the Ajax star Anthonyaccording to The Athletic.

The 22-year-old right-winger’s agents are in London seeking to secure their client’s move to Old Trafford, with the latest suggesting the two clubs are discussing a €94m deal.

Sources have previously told ESPN that Ajax are only considering a financial package worth closer to €100m following an initial offer of €80m from United. Sources also added that United haven’t given up on signing the Brazilian, partly because he let Ajax know he wants a move to Old Trafford.

Antony, who would reunite with former manager Erik ten Heg, was left out of the Ajax squad last week after he told the club he “didn’t feel 100 per cent ready to play”.

It is reported that Manchester United have since cooled their interest in their alternative option in PSV Eindhoven Cody Gakpo amid their optimism of signing Antony.

– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, more (US)

LIVE BLOG

10.28 BST: Celta Vigo midfielder Denis Suarez revealed that he was only allowed to train with the team when fans showed up for training.

The LaLiga club are keen to offload Suarez in this transfer window. According to club officials, the player turned down all the offers presented to him this summer, which Suarez claims he never received.

Suarez, who is one of Celta’s highest paid players and is under contract until June 2024, has been training separately from the rest of the squad.

He posted pictures on social media in which he is seen training with the other players, accompanied by a message to the fans saying: “I wish you were on the training ground every day. When you show up, it’s the only day when I’m allowed to train with the team all the time…the coincidences of life.”

09:53 BST: Leicester City continue to demand a world record fee for Wesley Fofana As the defender trains away from the first team amid continued interest from Chelsea, sources have told ESPN’s James Olley.

Chelsea made three offers for Fofana, the third of which was worth £70million and was instantly rejected by Leicester on Tuesday.

Leicester value the 21-year-old on the same level as Harry Maguire, who left the club in 2019 to join Manchester United for £80million – a figure which remains the highest ever paid for a defender.

Fofana was ruled out of Leicester’s 2-1 home loss to Southampton last weekend, with manager Brendan Rodgers admitting the Frenchman was not in the right frame of mind to play.

He is now training with the club’s Under-23s and Rodgers said he was looking for a quick solution to the situation after weeks of speculation.

“Of course, if that happens, the sooner the better, because it could allow us to work [in the transfer market],” he said.

Chelsea are now considering whether to improve their overall offer or change the terms so that more of the £70million on offer is paid upfront rather than in add-ons.

Fofana is Thomas Tuchel’s main defensive target and sources have told ESPN he is keen to make a fourth offer before next Thursday’s transfer deadline.

– Players to watch in the last week of the transfer window

09.16 BST: Mariano Diaz agreed to him leaving Real Madrid this summer, Diario AS report, but there is a difference of opinion with the club on how to achieve this – with the player wanting to leave for free and Madrid expecting a fee. transfer.

Mariano, 29, has barely played for Madrid since returning from Lyon in 2018, making eleven La Liga starts in four years.

The striker has turned down transfers to Benfica and Rayo Vallecano in recent summers, while his pre-tax annual salary of around €10m has also been a major hurdle.

According to AS, Mariano would prefer to stay in La Liga but finances make that difficult – although a deal similar to that which saw Luka Jovic join Fiorentina for free, with Madrid entitled to a percentage of a future sale, could be considered . .

08:39 BST: Arsenal winger Nicolas Pepe is set to join Nice on a season-long loan, sources have told ESPN’s James Olley.

The 27-year-old is expected to travel to France to undergo a medical after the two clubs reached an agreement, which does not include the obligation or the option to make the transfer permanent.

Pepe’s departure is a reflection of his minimal impact since completing a record £72million move from Lille in 2019.

The winger scored 27 goals in 112 appearances but started just five games last season as manager Mikel Arteta favored Bukayo Saka, Gabriel Martinelli and Emile Smith Rowe among others in Arsenal’s wide positions .

Pepe has two years left on his current deal and his situation will be reviewed next summer.

08:00 BST: Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola continues to leave the door open for Bernardo Silva to join Barcelona despite the slim chances of a Camp Nou move for the midfielder this month.

Guardiola mischievously joked that Silva liked Barcelona and said that while he wanted him to stay, he didn’t want disgruntled players at City.

“I’m no one to tell Barca to forget [signing] Bernardo,” Guardiola told a press conference after City drew 3-3 with Barca at Camp Nou in a friendly on Wednesday.

“We want him to stay with us, but I don’t want anyone who is unhappy. The first thing would be for the clubs to reach an agreement, but there have been no offers for him for the past two years. .

“I don’t want him to go, he’s an exceptional player and a great person… and he’s only got seven or eight days left. [in the window] and it would be necessary to turn to the transfer market. I want him to stay.

“Having said that, it’s true that Bernardo really likes Barcelona.”

Sitting alongside Guardiola, Barca coach Xavi Hernandez has been asked to sign Silva.

“Who doesn’t love Bernardo Silva?” he has answered. “And [Kevin] DeBruyne, [Erling] Haaland, what a team… but [Bernardo] is a very important player for City, someone who makes a difference.

“I like the way he plays because there are a lot of players like him, but [a move] depends on the city.”

– Why were Barça and Man City playing a friendly match three weeks after the start of the season?

PAPER GOSSIP (by Adam Brown)

– Talks between Manchester United and Newcastle United are ongoing over a deal for the goalkeeper Martin Dubravkareports sky sports. The Red Devils are keen to add competition to David de Gea this season, and following the Magpies’ acquisition of Nick Pope they could be ready to part ways with the 33-year-old Slovakia international.

– Newcastle identified Conor Gallagher as a key loan target before the transfer window closes, according to The Telegraph. With sources telling ESPN Newcastle will sign the striker from Real Sociedad Alexander Isak For 70 million euros, Eddie Howe’s side will now turn to the 22-year-old Chelsea midfielder. Gallagher impressed during his loan spell at Crystal Palace last season with eight goals and three assists in 34 Premier League appearances.

– The race for Ainsley Maitland Niles heats up with Southampton now keen to sign Arsenal man, claim fabrice romano. Saints are interested in landing the 24-year-old defender on a loan deal which includes an option to make the move permanent, and the Gunners are looking to offload him this summer. Maitland-Niles has also been on the radar of West Ham United who could be ready to compete for his signature.

Mauro Icardi are in talks with Galatasaray as the Paris Saint-Germain striker looks to earn regular minutes, Foot Mercato reports. The Argentine playmaker is reportedly joining the Turkish side on a loan deal that includes a permanent option.

– Atletico Madrid have no intention of moving on Renan Lodirevealed fabrice romano. The left-back was on Manchester City’s radar this summer, and after Nottingham Forest posed a question to Diego Simeone’s side, it looks like they have once again ruled out Premier League interest. Lodi, 24, made 29 La Liga appearances last season.

Comments are closed.